What We Do
Its never easy being a special needs parent/carer. All we seem to do is fight for one thing or another for our children. It can be a daily struggle for alot of us. We all need to support each other, listen & help each other. Our children are similar in many ways but they also have very individual needs to each other too! What works for one won't for others ect. Us as parents just get on with day to day life because we have to...we didn't choose this life & we certainly didn't choose for our children to have the difficulties & obstacles they face on a daily basis either! No-one knows what we deal with as individuals apart from ourselves! Walk a mile in another's shoes! A smile can hide a broken soul. 😔 We do not judge! We do not take no for an answer , We do not quit!! We will STAND UP! Together! We know our kids the best. We see their true colours. We are their voice!
Stand Up - Support group for families with children who have SEND (special educational needs & disabilities)
All the activities and groups we offer are exclusively for families with special needs children and their siblings. We aim to offer a safe non-judgemental environment for our families and the opportunity for our sen kids to experience activities they may not normally have the chance to participate in! We ask for a small cost for each activity due to the fact that Stand Up is a non-profit community group run by volunteer parents of special needs children themselves. We are unfortunately unable to offer refunds once booked, as Stand Up has to pay up front for events and activities. Thankyou 👍
- Sun, 10 DecFratton Community Centre10 Dec 2023, 13:00 – 15:00Fratton Community Centre, Fratton Community Centre, Trafalgar Pl, Fratton, Portsmouth PO1 5JJ, UK
- Thu, 21 DecPlayZone21 Dec 2023, 18:30 – 20:00PlayZone, Unit A4 Oak Park Estate, Northarbour Rd, Cosham, Portsmouth PO6 3TJ, UK
- Multiple DatesFri, 22 DecFratton Community Centre22 Dec 2023, 11:00 – 13:00Fratton Community Centre, Fratton Community Centre, Trafalgar Pl, Fratton, Portsmouth PO1 5JJ, UK22 Dec 2023, 11:00 – 13:00Fratton Community Centre, Fratton Community Centre, Trafalgar Pl, Fratton, Portsmouth PO1 5JJ, UKStay n play for families with special needs and their siblings. Lots of fun games, toys and activities for the kids, in a safe, non-judgemental environment. Have a cuppa and a chat with other parent/carers, listen and support each other. £3 per child
- Sat, 23 DecStaunton Farm23 Dec 2023, 16:30Staunton Farm, Middle Park Way, Havant PO9 5HB, UK
- Wed, 27 DecSouthsea Cinema27 Dec 2023, 11:00 – 14:00Southsea Cinema, 1-3 Palmerston Rd, Southsea, Portsmouth, Southsea PO5 3QQ, UK
- Thu, 28 DecFratton Community Centre28 Dec 2023, 12:00 – 14:00Fratton Community Centre, Fratton Community Centre, Trafalgar Pl, Fratton, Portsmouth PO1 5JJ, UK
Get in touch with Stand Up Portsmouth to discover more about our work and how to donate. We thank you for your support.
Fratton Community Centre